POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : joining the greeble-madness :) : Re: joining the greeble-madness :) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:13:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: joining the greeble-madness :)
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 17 May 2006 02:02:33
Message: <446abc79$1@news.povray.org>
"Sven Littkowski" <sve### [at] jamaica-focuscom> wrote in message
> Greetings!
>
> Zeger, I have there a starship I am developing, and would like to try
out
> your greebles macro for some parts of that ship. I want to ask you for
the
> code of the macro you have published in your posting here.

np, I'll send you the code for this image and for the latest image

I didn't clean the code though, don't have time now :-/

> Another question: do you plan a macro which can automatically adjust
to the
> heights and surfaces of an object (union or difference or blob)? Maybe
> combination of surface greebles and a side greebles, which, depending
on the
> angle ration, decides how to keep the greebles of one kind (surface or

> side), or to mix the two kinds of greebles.

I don't think I can

I was planning however to make greeble-macros for some primitives, like
cylinders, spheres, boxes, cones and torii

cu!
--
#macro G(b,e)b+(e-b)*C/50#end#macro _(b,e,k,l)#local C=0;#while(C<50)
sphere{G(b,e)+3*z.1pigment{rgb G(k,l)}finish{ambient 1}}#local C=C+1;